The Grist Mill & Gardens invites you to experience a series of enchanted summer evenings in the gardens surrounding our historic 1877 waterwheel-powered flour mill.
Over the past five years, we’ve hosted Juno-winning folk legends like Valdy, Shari Ulrich, Lester Quitzau and Bill Bourne as well as rising up-and-comers like Old Man Luedeke, Pharis & Jason Romero, Sarah Jane Scouten, 100 Mile House and Scott Cook and crowd-pleasers like The Tequila Mockingbird Orchestra, Tal Bachmann, Mae Moore, The Sweet Lowdown, The Eisenhauers and so many more.
This year we’re offering a special concert pass that gives you a ticket to six of the concerts we’ll be hosting in 2018 at a substantial discount; while our exact line-up and schedule haven’t yet been announced yet, this pass will grant you tickets to your choice of six shows in our upcoming summer schedule. This steep discount is only available to those who purchase one of these early bird passes before April 9th, 2018. Our full 2018 schedule will be announced April 10th and pass holders will get to select their six shows before tickets go on sale to the general public.
Confirmed concert dates include
- Sunday, June 24th @ 7:00PM – Don’t judge a book by it’s cover–this cowgirl keeps winning songwriting awards for her unflinching looks at our most unflattering parts of ourselves.
- Friday, July 6th @ 7:00PM – A duo with influences from Gordon Lightfoot and Stan Rogers to Bill Monroe and Woody Guthrie, they’re multi-instrumentalists who’ve shared a stage with a number of the folk legends we’ve hosted.
- Friday, July 13th @ 7:00PM – Led by a founding member of Canada’s most popular folk-rock band, this group of young musicians will blow the roof off our summer kitchen with fiddle and more.
- Friday, July 20th @ 7:00PM – This classically-trained musician turned to folk before adding soul and Motown to her repitoire. She’s collaborated with some of our series’ most popular young’s acts, as well as toured with Vancouver-based blues duo The Harpoonist & the Axe Murderer.
- Friday, July 27th @ 7:00PM – This band from the other side of the Rockies shares a name with a Pauline Johnson book, and we look forward dancing to their brand of Rocky Mountain folk pop.
- Friday, August 3rd @ 7:00PM – A true legend, wait until you hear the Hendrix of acoustic guitar.
- Friday, August 10th @ 7:00PM – How many people can say they opened for Supertramp and Santana? This person can, having cemented their place as a legend of Canadians music.
- Friday, August 17th @ 7:00PM – The nicest duo we’ve ever hosted is back with more of their timeless, touching music.
There is still at least one more show to confirm, as well as a special daytime show featuring an incredibly popular children’s performer (or two). You can choose from among all these shows, and any others we might still announce with your Season Pass.
KEY CONCERT SERIES INFO
Through the summer of 2018, the Grist Mill and Gardens at Keremeos will be hosting a variety of exceptional artists in July, August and September for an evening concert series in our picturesque Historic Site. Unless otherwise noted, doors open at 6:00PM and concerts start at 7:00PM.
You are encouraged to bring your own blankets and low-rise lawn chairs; taller chairs are also welcome, but you may be asked to sit in the back to avoid obstructing the view of others. You’re welcome to bring your own water bottles (reusable or factory-sealed) but outside food or drinks are prohibited on site. The Grist Mill & Gardens will be operating a concession at each show.
Tickets will be available for sale at the Grist Mill front desk ($20 per show), by phone at 250-499-2888 during business hours (daily 9 AM-5 PM) or on this site. Some tickets may also be available at the door for each show, depending on availability, but a small surcharge will apply.